RN to BSN
RN to BSN
Move Your Nursing Career Forward
New! Classes Start Fall 湖北福利彩票快3
You know you are a dedicated nurse. Now, you’re ready to move your ability to serve patients, your career prospects and your earning potential forward. A BSN from Seton Hill University will get you from where you are now to where you deserve to be.
Why a BSN is Important
- According to a joint statement of professional nursing organizations, including the American Association of College湖北福利彩票快3s of Nursing, “without a more educated nursing workforce, the nation’s health will be further at risk.”
- Many hospitals and healthcare organizations now require a BSN as a minimum educational requirement.
- Nurses holding a BSN are eligible for higher-paying management roles and nursing specializations.
Earn Your BSN at Seton Hill in Only 1 Year
Online or On Campus
Your BSN can be completed online, with only 60 hours of practice experience activities required. Online courses are taken in 8 week sessions. This program has 6 start dates every year. If you choose to take some courses on campus, many liberal arts and science courses are offered in a traditional classroom setting on Saturdays and evenings. Flexible full-time and part-time options are available. You can work as a licensed RN while earning your BSN degree.
Seton Hill awards you 33 credits for your RN, and allows you to transfer in up to 90 credits overall. We will be happy to take a look at the academic credits you've already earned and give you an unofficial estimate of what will transfer. If you're currently enrolled in another 湖北福利彩票快3 and plan to transfer in the future, we can help you choose the courses at your current 湖北福利彩票快3 that will have the best chance of being accepted at Seton Hill.
Credit for Life Experience
In addition to the 33 credits awarded for your RN, Seton Hill offers you the chance to earn credits for knowledge gained through life experiences and military service through:
- College湖北福利彩票快3 Level Examination Program (CLEP) - This is a nationally recognized series of examinations which allow the student to demonstrate knowledge acquired in a non-college setting.
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) - A series of technical and non-technical exams developed by the Armed 湖北福利彩票快3.
The Daniel J. Wukich School of Nursing at Seton Hill
At Seton Hill's Daniel J. Wukich School of Nursing you will enjoy:
- A comprehensive, personalized learning experience
- Faculty with nursing and healthcare backgrounds who are dedicated to your success
- Top-notch academic, clinical and research facilities, including the Boyle Health Sciences Center
- A focus on evidence-based care, which develops personalized patient treatment plans based on:
- scientific evidence
- the caregiver’s professional expertise
- the patient’s needs and values
The Adult Degree Program - Learning Designed for Busy Professionals
The RN to BSN Program is offered through Seton Hill’s Adult Degree Program. This means you’ll benefit from advising, courses and resources designed to support students who are balancing the demands of college, family, careers and finances. We'll provide you with the software and technical support you'll need to learn online. Plus, you can still enjoy all the same benefits as on-campus learners, including online or on-campus:
- academic advising
- access to the library
- tutoring, math and writing assistance
- counseling and wellness services
You can also dine on campus, use the campus fitness areas and take advantage of student discounts at local businesses and restaurants.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the 2018 median salary for a nurse with a BSN was $71,730. Seton Hill's nationally-recognized Career and Professional Development Center at Seton Hill will help you find, and prepare for, career opportunities. The resources of this Center are a lifetime benefit for all Seton Hill alumni.
Partnerships You Can Depend On
Seton Hill’s programs in the health sciences are recognized nationally. As a result, we have partnerships with many local and regionals hospitals and healthcare providers. We also maintain agreements with nursing 湖北福利彩票快3s and community colleges that will allow you to move easily from an RN program into the RN to BSN at Seton Hill.
As a student in Seton Hill's RN to BSN Program, you will pay a reduced rate of $450 per credit.
We'll also help you find and claim financial assistance. Aid for the RN to BSN program can take the form of:
- Employer reimbursement (and we’ll defer your payments to help sync them up with your employer’s reimbursement schedule)
- Federal & State Grants
- Federal & Alternative Loans
- Military Benefits
- Private Scholarships
To apply for aid, you just need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid available at fafsa.gov and list Seton Hill (code #003362) as a 湖北福利彩票快3 that should receive your information.